De Agostini – Tirpitz Battleship, 1939
Tirpitz was the second of two Bismarck-class battleships built for Nazi Germany’s Kriegsmarine (navy) during World War II. Named after Grand Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz, the architect of the Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial Navy), the ship was laid down at the Kriegsmarinewerft Wilhelmshaven in November 1936 and her hull was launched two and a half years later. Work was completed in February 1941, when she was commissioned into the German fleet. Like her sister ship Bismarck, Tirpitz was armed with a main battery of eight 38-centimetre (15 in) guns in four twin turrets. After a series of wartime modifications she was 2000 tonnes heavier than Bismarck, making her the heaviest battleship ever built by a European navy.
- These models are ready-made and finished made from diecast and plastic.
They are from a magazine promotion.
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won’t fade or peel like decals.
- Display stand with name plate.
2 in stock